Once your new floor is installed, you’ll want to prevent scratches. Some scratches can be caused by dust. You can prevent scratches caused by dust with the use of mats or rugs. Buy a good quality broom and sweep your new floor regularly to pick up grains of dirt, dust and other particles.
- Sweep or vacuum regularly, since built-up grit can damage the finish and surface of hardwood. The vacuum head must be a brush or felt type. Be certain the wheels of the vacuum are clean and do not damage the finish. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar head.
- Remove spills promptly using a soft cloth and cleaning products recommended by Traditions Flooring.
- Never mop or flood your floor with water or other products. This can severely damage the flooring.
- Do not use oil soaps, liquid or paste wax products or other household cleaners that contain lemon oil, tung oil or ammonia.
- Keep pets nails trimmed and paws clean and free of dirt, gravel, grease, oil and stains.
- Use a dolly and protective sheets of plywood when moving heavy objects.
- Make certain furniture casters and floor protectors are clean and operate properly minimum of 1″ continuous width is recommended).
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor.